It’s tough starting a new school club. But if you don’t build a paradise full of beautiful boys in fancy uniforms, then who will?
Build your club, roll your dice, and recruit handsome hosts with a winning mix of personalities. It’s time to shine!
Café Romantica is a builder game for two to four players where you manage the recruitment and strategy of your little host café in an attempt to have the best club in the whole school!
- An exciting builder game where you can choose what you want to roll!
- A theme of watching beautiful boys doing things excellently!
- Build a broad club of dozens of hosts, or deepen your bond with just one or two!
- Play a variety of different managers, pursue your own agendas!
- Super simple gameplay! Roll a die, see what your club does, and bid to be first to recruit!
A copy of Café Romantica comes with 120 cards in a cardboard tuckbox.
To play Café Romantica, each player will need at least one six-sided die (a ‘d6’), and a clear space to lay out cards representing their club. The central deck needs to be easy for everybody to reach, players should be able to examine players’ cards when necessary. As always: remember to respect the players and their needs.
Official Release Date: August 19, 2017
Want to Buy Cafe Romantica?
You can now buy our card games directly from this website! If you want to avoid postage costs or try our games out in person, you can also catch us on the convention circuit.
For international customers, you may prefer to buy print-on-demand via DriveThruCards (the same printer we use for our local stock). You can buy Café Romantica at DriveThruCards as a professionally printed card deck.
Already bought Café Romantica? Download the latest revision of the Café Romantica rulebook. You can also follow us to receive notifications of rules updates!
Clarifications, Corrections and Errata
- 2017-12-20: We’ve discovered a misprint in the v1.0 printing of Café Romantica, where the one variant of the Energetic host has a cost of 3, and the other 5 variants have a cost of 2. 3 is the correct cost for this host (this will be corrected in v1.1 printing and any later versions!
- 2017-12-20: We have learned that the italicised rules text on Cafe Romantica cards is a likely barrier to readability for dyslexic players. We apologise to anybody who has been inconvenienced by this! We would very much like our games to be as accessible as possible. We are revising v1.1 to use a sans-serif, non-italic font for this text.