Lily X Blade Rules
Have at Thee!
Before the duel begins, each player chooses a character and places all cards of that colour into her deck. Set the other cards aside.
Playing a Bout
- Each player draws five cards from her deck.
- Each player chooses a card to represent the tactic she’ll use, and plays it face down. Cunning duellists can try to bluff their opponent to gain an advantage!
- When you’re both ready, flip your chosen cards to find out who wins the bout. Attacking beats a Taunt, Taunting beats a Defence, and Defending beats an Attack.
- If the cards match, it’s a draw—nobody scores this round.
Some cards also have special rules, which are resolved now.
- The player who won the bout scores the card her opponent played. Remove it from that player’s deck and set it aside.
- Each player puts her remaining hand (and the card she played, if it wasn’t scored) into her discard pile. Time for another bout!
If a player runs out of cards to draw, she shuffles her discard pile into her deck.
The first person to score five points from her opponent wins the duel!
Lily x Blade © 2015 Invincible Ink
Game Design: Talen Lee
Art/Visual Design: Fox Lee
Creative Commons Icons: Willdabeast & Lorc